Who We Are
At Profit Line we’re providing great outsourced accounting departments to small businesses and non-profit organizations across the US. We believe that managers make better decisions when financial processes are strong and the books are in great shape, so we work hard to provide the support our customers need to succeed and grow.
We are part of the next generation of outsourced accounting departments, leading the industry forward using best in class accounting software and cloud applications.
From our NYC Midtown office, we support a wide range of customers across many industries, including marketing, technology, manufacturing, architecture and law.
People love to say, “Nobody is passionate about accounting.” All we can say is that those people haven’t met TPL’s expert team of staff accountants. They are bookkeeping superstars, passionate about all aspects of the accounting cycle.
When you join the Profit Line team, you are joining a group of dedicated bookkeepers and accountants whose mission is to provide businesses with the accurate and complete financial data they need, when they need it.
Benefits, Perks, and More
- Excellent health plans with company contribution
- 401k retirement plan
- Commuter benefits (commuting & parking)
- Paid time off
- Summer Fridays
CURRENT JOB POSTING:
Staff Accountant and Client Manager:
Talented Staff Accountant wanted for the Profit Line’s New York team!
About the Role
We are expanding our Bookkeeping Services Department to accommodate the growing needs of our clients. We are eager to hire a seasoned bookkeeper or staff accountant who has experience working with multiple clients in a Business Services environment. In addition to advanced accounting knowledge, we are looking for someone who is well versed in QBO and experienced with various third-party accounting applications. This is extremely important when it comes to this position, as The Profit Line always seeks to optimize software integrations in order to streamline work and data flow.
- Act as main point of contact for clients and manage client relationships
- Manage ongoing bookkeeping processes, including customer invoicing and expense payment processing
- Manage accounts receivable and accounts payable
- Ensure transactions are accurately coded
- Perform monthly external account reconciliations – bank, credit card, etc.
- Maintain schedules and create new schedules as needed
- Manage monthly closings
- Prepare financial statements and reports
- Manage a portfolio of clients with various levels of complexity
- Minimum of three years recent and relevant full charge bookkeeping or staff accountant experience, preferably with small business(es)
- Working knowledge of the internal accounting demands of small businesses, such as customer invoicing, accounts receivable management, expense and accounts payable management, bank reconciliations, credit card reconciliations, payroll, and financial statement preparation
- Experience with full accounting cycle, including month-end closing
- Proficient in QuickBooks Online (QBO) and Excel
- Experience using third-party accounting applications (e.g. Expensify, Bill.com, Tallie)
- Experience with prepaid, accrual, fixed asset, loan and inventory schedules
- Extremely well organized, able to multitask and meet deadlines
- Lover of process!
This is a full-time, salaried position, offering competitive compensation plus excellent benefits and year-end bonus, with great opportunities for learning and advancement.